Am I your Type?
My buddy Scarybooster posted a great post about blogging, and it made me think about my own styles, and the styles of the other bloggers around me. Blogging is quickly becoming a fading art I think in it’s place it’s becoming a 140 character or less blurb kind of world which couldn’t me more evident than with the death of Google Reader. Though generally I feel blogs fall for the most part into several categories.
Types of Blogs
1. Instructional – These blogs tell you valued information about a game, or games in terms of how to do something within said game.
2. Critical – These blogs off opinions as to certain things about games, or issues concerning games.
3. Storytelling – These blogs tell tales of their adventures, or use the game world to build their own tales.
4. Mixed Bag of Nuts – Sort of a hodge podge of the previous three.
5. Me – Yes I kind of set myself apart. I’ll tell you why.
What type of blogger am I? When I first started blogging I viewed myself as more of the previous types of bloggers at one time or another. Then as I progressed in this hobby, I broke my own mold. I started writing shorter posts, and added pictures to these posts way before Google+ or Twitter became popular. I felt I was more of an Entertainer, and perhaps I saw the writing on the wall. That people who check me out come for a quick laugh, or maybe a peek at what girl I posted that day. In this disjointed 140 character world, I think I feel right at home. My writing will probably never win any awards, but if I can spark someones emotion whether its laughing, crying, or even anger. Then I feel I’ve done my job. For that’s what I believe there in lies the power of the word, it leads you places….and I want to lead you to dirty…dirty places.
So am I your type?