Let Them Hate Us, As Long As They Fear Us
When I first started playing WoW, we didn’t have BG’s, or Honor Points. We had pride, and old school world PvP. We would fight for hours either at the Crossroads in the Barrens, or the battlefield that was Tarren Mill/Southshore. We did it for fun, and pride and that’s all we needed. I remember my guild was so hated, they made hate posts on the forum about us. Let them hate us, as long as they fear us.
So when I heard World PvP was making a return to WoW, I was excited but I haven’t heard anything about it, and I was getting a little down. Until today, seems like in Patch 5.1 things are going to make a change..for the better.
From the 5.1 Patch Notes –
The Pandaren Campaign begins!
- The conflict between the Horde and the Alliance has ignited a new series of daily quests along the shore of the Krasarang Wilds.
- Players can visit their faction strongholds in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms to begin the quest to summon their war fleets to the continent of Pandaria. (Please note: The Alliance version of this quest is not yet complete, but will still unlock the new missions and features).
- Players will both valiantly defend their faction’s outpost and assault the opposing faction’s headquarters.
- Two new Reputations have been added: Alliance players can earn reputation with Operation: Shieldwall, while Horde players will curry favor with the Dominance Offensive.
- Players can slay rival NPCs and opposing faction players along the shore to earn commissions that can be spent to upgrade their faction’s base.
- Look for strategic objectives to capture, including graveyards and towers. Commissions can be spent to recruit guards that will help protect this captured territory!
- Players who are truly dedicated to their faction can spend their commissions on an item that will give their fellows an extra reputation group quest for the day. Horde players can speak with Ongrom Black Tooth, while Alliance players can contact Proveditor Grantley for details
This makes me so excited that I can’t wait to kill me some Thrall Alliance scum….
I found this interesting as well, and wonder how this will work.
- Underground fighting rings have sprung up in Stormwind and Orgrimmar that will give brawlers a chance to earn bragging rights by testing their solo PvE mettle against some of the toughest creatures found in World of Warcraft.
- Players will prove their skill, and increase their rank with the Brawler’s Guild, as they win matches against some of the most difficult solo encounters in World of Warcraft.
- As their Brawler’s Guild rank increases, players will unlock additional rewards and activities within the Brawler’s Guild.
- Brawlers on a realm will gather together into the blood spattered ring to watch as their peers face down their own opponents. They can watch the battles in progress to learn from hardened Brawler’s Guild veterans as they wait for their own turn to fight.
- If this is your first night at Brawler’s Guild, you have to fight.
Some exciting changes coming from Blizz, and WoW. I can’t wait for some more hate posts.