NBI- You need a Thick Skin
One thing though I did not see is that beign a blogger, you sometimes have to have a thick skin. You are putting a piece of you, for the whole world to view. Some people may not like what your opinion is, and they might attack you, and sometimes get personal about it.
I don’t censure my blog, I have people call me every name in the book, and I leave the statements up, why? Because I don’t care, their comments are a reflection of them, and their stupidity. Censor that, no I want to show the world that this person is upset of a blog, that just posts crap. As a bouncer at a bar for most of my life I learned a thing or two about having a thick skin.
A Couple Tips For A Thicker Skin.
1. It’s never personal – The people that insult you over the internet don’t really know you, so calling a jerk because of your thoughts on a warrior talent is a moot point. When people use to scream in my face how their going to get their gun, and blow my head off never worried me, cause the blowhards are just that, big bags of air…it was always the quiet ones I worried about, who without saying a word would grab a bottle, come in back of you, and smash it on your head.
2. Never Argue With Stupidity – See I kind of enjoy feeding the trolls sometimes cause I know no one has any real power on the internet…well maybe Bill Gates does, but that’s besides the point. To avoid frustration I suggest to just walk away. When people use to argue with me when I worked at the bars, I use to say I wasn’t on the debate team, so they can save their breath.
3. Have a Set of Rules – If you are going to censor, or not have a set of codes to work by on your blog. Is there a line that a commenter can cross that will upset you. You have some guidelines, and post those to commenters so they know, so when someone breaks the rules, no debates, it’s just done. Me I have no limits, I don’t censor myself, nor others…but I can understand why someone would put limitations up. One time someone went to my personal blog found out I was living with my mother, called me a loser for doing so. What they DIDN’T know was that I moved in with Mom who lost a leg due to cancer, to help out with my Stepdad who had a major stroke. I didn’t remove that comment until the user asked, because it showed what an idiot that person was.
4. If you truly write for yourself, who cares what others think – Alot of people are saying you should write for yourself, not care about numbers…if you are truly doing that then you should have no problems if someone doesn’t like what you do.
5. Never Get in A Fight With Role Players – They be crazy.