GW2, and My Own Little Goth Girl
GW2, and myself got to a rocky start. I got the beta invite after I signed up my code, but it kept saying that there was no beta events going on. Arena.net finally fixed the problem Saturday night (well might of been early Saturday, but I didn’t have a chance to check) So though I was a little sour I wasn’t able to check it out as much as I liked. I did get a chance to check it out.
1. Graphics – We’re pretty awesome, at times I thought when I was in a crowded area it was hard to make out things to clearly. I dumbed down my graphics, though it didn’t help.
2. Gameplay – I enjoyed the stories, the cut scene conversations were ok, I didn’t enjoy them as much as I did SWTOR, cause it just felt like I wasn’t a part of the conversation. The music, voice acting, and sound effects we’re all top notch.
3. Combat – I enjoyed it immensely I like how you work up to skills, not just train for them. Some of the spells, and combat animation we’re really cool. When you get close to death, you could fight for your life.
4. Classes – I really like the class mix, and there are some definantly fun classes.
5. Races– I really liked the race choices so far, Didn’t think I would like the Charr, but I ended up kind of liking them. They remind me alot like Klingons.
6. More Detailed Experience – Once I got in after the Arena.Net snafu. I really loved the charactor creation process. It’s like your building your toon, and it’s backstory. Although I’m not an RP player by any means, I think RP players would get wood from this…but then there isn’t many choices so maybe they won’t. I made a Norn Thief. I love this guys, stealth though isn’t permanent, it only gave me 3 seconds, which sucked. 3 seconds isn’t enough to do anything. I entered an instance myself at level 3….MISTAKE!. But I learned the hard way, and still had fun.
Next I made an male human elemantalist, I really liked this toon as a spell caster, you didn’t stay a glass cannon, you could move around, and still be effective. Casters in this game are definately pretty cool.
After I played the intro, I started a Charr Warrior. Man I really liked the vibe of this race, and class. Very Klingony, with words like Ash Legion, Blood Legion, Iron Legion, and with their voice acting…..I can almost scream Q’plah!
Finally I made my own Goth Girl Necromancer….She was hot. I wasn’t to impressed with the blood fiend pet you got. The spells you got we’re cool. I wish I had more time to play her…but I was to busy geting her naked in her yellow underwear…and flirting with guys…wait…er I mean I was min/maxing her stats. Yea that’s what I meant…
Overall – I enjoyed my experience in the first Beta, I really looking forward to them cleaning and working on things. If it was released today, I don’t think it would make it, cause to me it smacks of something missing, not quite there. I can’t put my finger on it yet. Like a great blueberry pie, that needs to cook a bit longer, thats the reason they have betas so we can figure this out. Otherwise definately a great game, and looking forward to playing it some more.